Church Ceremony & Crypt Reception
At 2pm, Dionne will walk through the doors of the church – Christ Church Spitalfields in East London (Commercial Street, London E1 6LY). Everyone is welcome to the church ceremony, but please arrive by 1.45pm at the latest. After the ceremony, there will be Prosecco, popcorn and party cakes in the church crypt. We would love for you to join us.
Family Meal and Party
After the church ceremony and crypt reception, we are hosting a meal for family and close friends* at a location that is a ten minute walk from the church (Tramshed, 32 Rivington St, London EC2A 3LX). After the meal, speeches and fizz, there will be dancing in our private club (in the Tramshed basement) until carriages depart at midnight.
*As much as we love little ones, we kindly ask that children who are not part of the bridal party look after themselves with popcorn, balloons, and their favourite friends at home.
WHAT DO I WEAR?
Go for something smart, comfy and makes you feel weddingy (unless that’s a wedding dress).
The church and party venue are in the heart of Shoreditch where there are plenty of options to rest your head. The best place will depend on your budget, length of stay and what you are looking for. Some of these are quite popular and get booked up, so it’s definitely worth booking as far in advance as possible. Here are some options we’ve found:
- There are loads of apartments available for short-term rent in and around Shoreditch. A good place to start looking is on either airbnb.com or FlipKey.com.
- Arlington Avenue (N1 7BE) ~£50/night for a double room
- Travelodge London Hackney Hotel (E8 1JW) ~£59/night for a double room
- Holiday Inn Express London City (London EC1V 9LN) ~£68/night for a double room
- KIP Hotel (E8 1FJ) ~£77/night for a double room
- RE hotel Hackney (London E2 8PP) ~£80/night for a double room
- Ibis Hotel London City Aldgate (London E1 6BF) ~£90/night for a double room
- Travelodge Hotel – London Central City Road (London EC1Y 1AG) ~£100/night for a double room
- The Old Ship (E8 1EN) ~£120/night for a double room
- Premier Inn London City Old Street Hotel (London N1 6DR) ~£120/night for a double room
- Shoreditch Inn (LondonE2 7NS) ~£120/night for a double room
- Shoreditch House (E1 6AW) ~£120/night for a double room (*contact Jake as he can get you a discount on room bookings)
- citizenM London Shoreditch (London EC2A 3ET) ~£135/night for a double room
- Town Hall Hotel & Apartments (E2 9NF) ~£155/night for a double room
- Ace Hotel (London E1 6JQ) ~£180/night for a double room
- The Hoxton, Shoreditch (London EC2A 3HU) ~£200/night for a double room
More options can be found on booking.com.
To help you arrive at the church on time, we’ve created a map that points out the venue and nearest significant transport options.
- Train: if you arrive into London by train to a major station like Paddington, or Kings Cross it’s a straight forward journey on the tube to get to Liverpool Street (the closest major tube/train station to the church). From Liverpool Street it is about a 10 minute walk to Christ Church Spitalfields.
- Tube: the closest stations are Liverpool Street and Shoreditch High Street (overground station). Click on this link to see the London tube map. An Oyster card is a travel card on which you can put credit in order to travel on tubes, buses and overground rail services in London (for Dutchies: this is the English version of your OV-chipkaart). You can buy/add credit on this card at any airport or tube station.
- Bus: there are lots of bus stops around the church. Again you will need an Oyster card (or contactless debit card) to pay for your journey (note to non-Londoners: unlike the tube where you have to tap in and out, on buses you only tap in with your Oyster card).
- Bike: Santander Cycles is London’s self-service, bike-sharing scheme for short journeys (find out more here). There are lots of docking stations near the church (see here).
- Taxi: Uber, Addison Lee, or Gett are all great smartphone apps that will help you get around the city by taxi.
- Car: No congestion charge on a Saturday. However, parking can be tricky to find and expensive. The closest car parks are highlighted on the map above with a black P icon.
- Plane: Our international guests are advised to book as early as possible to secure the best prices. Skyscanner and KAYAK are two options for finding great deals on flights. London Stansted, London City Airport and London Heathrow are the most convenient options.
- Boat: Our Dutch guests can take the Stenaline ferry from Hoek van Holland to Harwich with a train ticket included to get from any Dutch train station to Hoek van Holland and from Harwich to Liverpool Street. Click here for more information.
- Jet pack: If traffic is really bad – consider taking the jet pack.
- Teleporter: if the jet pack isn’t working.
- Catapult: Last resort.